Chicken pieces with lemon and oregano
A delicious chicken dish which requires very little preparation and is easy to scale up. Ideal for busy week-nights and lazy lunches, just needs a starchy side dish and a bit of salad for company. For a thriftier version, swap chicken legs with chicken wings instead.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 large chicken legs (drumstick and thighs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the oven to 180 deg C / Gas Mark 4.
2. Put the chicken thighs into a baking dish, then sprinkle with the oil, lemon juice and oregano, and season generously with salt and pepper. Ensure the chicken thighs are coated in the oil and seasoning, before putting the garlic cloves underneath them.
3. Bake for approx 40 minutes or until the skin is golden brown. Check half way through cooking and baste with the cooking juices. Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving with a salad.